Is There No Hope For Change?

The United States is coming apart and I don’t know how we save it.

We have reached a point where our overreaching Government has become so big that it is out of the control of even those who support it.

IRS, DoJ, NSA, looming Obamacare, Debt greater than our GDP, unsustainable entitlement programs….the list goes on and on.

Even today, the architect of Obamacare realized that he must scale back the employer mandate until after the mid-term elections.  Of course he’s doing this because businesses have been expressing their displeasure to the Administration and the last thing Obama needs is another repeat of the 2010 mid-terms.

We are also seeing massive protests by the Pro-Abortion crowd because the Texas Legislature is trying to pass a bill to outlaw Abortions after 20 weeks.  The vile tweets in the #StandWithWendy and #StandWithTXWomen are enough to make you sick to your stomach and it makes me wonder how we became a nation where many choose to defend the right to kill viable babies just for the sake of birth control.   It’s not enough that we had to read about the evil inside Gosnell’s abortion clinic but there appears to be a large segment of the population that are totally cool with killing babies right up to birth.

It’s enough to make me throw up my hands and wonder how we take this country back.  There is a great PowerPoint presentation showing how Conservatives can be a force multiplier and get involved in precinct activism and it is worth a read by everyone.  While that is good work that we should definitely be involved with, I was left thinking that there was a bigger issue that we have to attack in order to rescue the US from the path we are on which is eerily similar to the Roman Empire.

Then I saw this video of #StandWithTXWomen people chanting “Hail Satan” and I realized what we need.

We aren’t just fighting a political war.  If that were the case, the only thing that would save us would be a revolution.  But a revolution is only successful when the vast majority of the citizens are in opposition to the ruling government and this isn’t the case now.  There are too many people that are opposed to Conservative principles to solve this with a revolution.  Do I have to remind you that Obama just won re-election by a decent margin?  This is not a problem that can be solved by a revolution or a civil war.

We can’t combat the “Hail Satan” crowd, the #STandWithTXWomen crowd or the “Free Government Handout” crowd with blog posts and cute tweets.  Let’s face it; we can’t do it by ourselves.  I just can’t do it.  I have failed.  The chasm is too vast.  America is more polarized now than ever before.  We need help.  I need help.

And when we reach the end of our rope and realize that we can’t do it on our own that is when we turn to a higher power.  And then we find that Jesus has been waiting for us patiently all along.

We are fighting a Spiritual war in America and we just can’t win without help from the Holy Spirit.  Only when we fall to our knees and admit we are powerless against the Prince of Darkness do we get help.  The past few decades may have served the purpose to humble the Church and make us realize that we have neglected the One who could help us.  It’s time to turn to Him.  He’s the only hope we have.

“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”  Eph 6:12

Advertisements
This entry was posted in christianity, politics. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Is There No Hope For Change?

1. I’m not particularly religious nowadays, but you’ve definitely given me something to think about.

2. Most people criminalize Christianity and abandon values. They scoff at moralists while most people defy correction. They believe what they believe to further their selfish agenda. Spiritual warfare can only be won through spiritual warriors, prayers and repentance. God cannot be mocked. He is just , we just need to return to Him.

3. abcinsc says:

Absolutely! !!!!

4. Pingback: Is there no hope for change? – Cosmocon reblog | The Peanut Gallery

5. livinrightinpgh says:

Amen, Cosmo! A-MEN!

Galatians 5:17 tells us that the Spirit and the Flesh (man’s will vs God’s Will) are in constant battle. We have a society that, in large part, wants to be held blameless for the pursuit of the flesh or worldly desires. Hence, you get the mockery of actually referring to the murder of an unborn (or in some cases, BORN) child as “a woman’s right to choose”. Certainly, “Right to Choose” sounds a whole lot better than “selective murder”, and is a tragic indicator of the moral decline of far too many.

I referred to this in a comment made over on “Two Heads are Better Than One”. Before Planned Parenthood became an abortion mill, they had a MUCH different stance. In a Q&A about birth control, the 1952 pamphlet presents the question: “Is it (birth control), and abortion?” Their answer?

“Definitely not. An abortion requires an operation. It kills the life of a baby after it has begun.” My, oh my, how things have changed. (You can see the pamphlet at: http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood-1952-abortion-kills-baby/)

But, to your point……It is the arrogance or foolishness of us, as human beings, to believe that we can overcome the evil that is the principality of power on this earth WITHOUT engaging God and seeking the work of the Holy Spirit. We stand tallest and strongest when we’re on our knees in prayer.

6. tannngl says:

Excellent post. For more evidence, take a notice of each time our Christian faith has been pushed to the shadows, not allowed in public, military life, schools.
    It’s a definite spiritual war that is showing up in the physical.
    I fully agree with you, Cosmoscon.

7. livinrightinpgh says:

BTW: if anyone needs any further evidence, consider the chant of the “pro-murder” abortionists outside of the Texas Legislature: “Hail Satan”

8. I do not believe Christ will listen to this, one reason its political and I do not believe God is a political being. The Country has two choices as I see it, solve it on the field of battle or the Country splits. I see the country splitting between two ideologies.

• livinrightinpgh says:

I agree with you Doug. God is not a “political” Being. However, I must respectfully disagree with you that this is a “political” issue. It’s an issue of faith and morality, and in that arena, God is most definitely listening to the prayers of His people and is THE Judge of morality.

In a verse that I believe has DIRECT application to today, it says:
      “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (II Chronicles 7:14, NIV)

IMHO: our Nation is in GREAT need of healing.

9. GinaBean says:

Excellent post Cosmo. Some days it makes me want to weep. Other days I get fired up. My reading this morning was from Psalms 7 …..Bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure – you, the righteous God who probes minds and hearts. My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart. (Vs 9 – 10; NIV).
    Our job is to not grow weary…..God is still on the throne.